We provide a hot nutritional meal to marginalised people in Stroud. Working with volunteers, we are looking for a cook/chef to undertake all aspects of the provision of this meal for one or two lunchtimes a week at our drop-in.
Part time work, no evenings involved.
We are looking for a team player to take responsibility for the running of the kitchen in all aspects of creating a high quality and nutritious meal taking into account the preferences of our clients.
- Plan a hot meal and dessert including a vegetarian option
- Manage the purchase and storage of ingredients for the meal
- Work within the allowed budget
- Prepare, cook and serve a high quality and nutritious meal within the timescales allowed
- Be comfortable with working in a small, non-commercial kitchen
- Be responsible for a small team of volunteers, including instructing volunteers in the use of all equipment and hygiene procedures, giving help and guidance where appropriate
- Minimise food waste
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness and hygiene
- Assist with the clearing up after the meal
What we are looking for in a chef/cook:
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Non-judgmental approach to our clients
- Team player
- Satisfactory DBS check
- Foundation Food Hygiene Certificate or equivalent
- Good communication skills
Driving licence with own transport
Job Type: Part-time no evenings
Salary: £8.75 - £10.20 per hour depending upon experience
Please complete the Application Form to apply.