Marah reaches out to people in need, providing support in a non-judgmental, welcoming framework. We work with people on the margins of society; those who are excluded from the everyday positive experiences of life due to their circumstances, life history and others’ perception of them.
The issues presented by our clients include:
- Homelessness – including street homeless people and those staying with friends
- ‘Sofa-surfing’ – homeless people sleeping on sofas or floors at several different places
- Insecure and poor standard accommodation – including Bed and Breakfast
- Addictions – including drugs, alcohol, gambling
- People recovering from addiction
- Mental Health – including depression, anxiety and bipolar disorder
- Physical health – including people with disabilities to those with long-term medical conditions: e.g. chronic asthma, heart/vascular disease
- Isolation/loneliness – linked to support needs as above: exclusion from mainstream and lack of confidence
Many people present with a combination of the above issues. Marah’s ambition is to to have a positive effect on the lives of all who come to us.